Author Topic: Recoil Pad for Handi  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Sixpack

• Trade Count: (0)
Recoil Pad for Handi
« on: July 05, 2007, 10:02:37 AM »
Sorry if this topic has been talked to death as I only saw a link for a slip-on pad for a BC.  Does anyone make a good pad other than a grind to fit for a factory synthetic stocked 45-70?

Thanks

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Re: Recoil Pad for Handi
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 10:24:28 AM »
I know they do for the wood stocks...but not certain if someone does for the synthetic.

I have a number of them on my handis and really like the LIMBSAVER brand for the heavy kickers.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 10:40:57 AM »
I second the Limbsaver. I have those on all my guns higher than a 22 rimfire  ;D. They make shooting much more enjoyable.

Dave

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 11:14:52 AM »
Limbsave doesn't, nor does anyone else that I've found. The Limbsaver #10102 model 870 is close to the right size and contour, just a tad wider, but the hole locations don't match, would have to be redrilled in the pad, or new mounting fixtures epoxied inside the stock as one member did. ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 04:57:49 PM »
When I installed a "precision fit" on my Stevens 200 in .308 caliber, I went to the Limbsaver web site and downloaded their templates that they have for their recoil pads. (They have a "master template" for all of 'em)  Then I found the closet one that would fit, then if you call Limbsaver, they will send you (for free) a small shim that fits between the recoil pad and the stock. This shim is easy to "carve" and you can then smooth the pad into the stock. It looks very professional when you are done.

MHO

Dave.

http://www.limbsaver.com/technical/templates.php