Author Topic: Spare Parts Kit.  (Read 3627 times)

Offline Marcos

• Trade Count: (0)
Spare Parts Kit.
« on: March 11, 2007, 01:37:28 PM »
Good afternoon Gents.  I've noticed on a few past posts that on occation some shooters have experienced parts failures on their Handis.  :(   I've noted a couple of problems with the the transfer bar mechanisims and I believe sear fractures on hammers.  To the Handi's credit, it seems that such failures and others are quite rare.   However....... if you were going to put together a "parts kit" to keep your Handis in perfect shooting shape for a long time, what all would you include?  Any special tools to consider?   Thanks much for your input and opinions !   :)    Marcos

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Spare Parts Kit.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 01:56:12 PM »
Lifter & striker(aka transfer bar) & spring, firing pin and spring, and a hammer spring. You can keep a spare hammer if you wish, but the only time I've seen em reported broken is when someone is doing a "McPherson trigger job" by pushing on the hammer and pulling the trigger. I don't remember a broken hammer spring, but some weak ones once in a while. ;) Of course none of these parts will do you any good if you don't have the tools to R&R the trigger group, those would be covered in the FAQs in the trigger hone info.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline casper_zip

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 06:59:22 AM »
Hey there:

Where can one buy parts for an emergency for the H&R/NEF ? Tim and Bikerbeans have bailed me out with parts, but now as my collection in this sickness expands with rifles and shotguns, I'd like to have a little "stash" tucked away. Things like springs, firing pin, and some of the smaller parts in the "guts". It's easy for me to lose stuff when doing trigger jobs. Doing trigger jobs ain't easy at all. Lucky I have a cousin who has patience of ole Job and he is steady and good. We have tore down one of my rifles 3 or 4 times, still don't have a good trigger. He keeps shutting me down on polishing and honing, and I know he means well. I know you can't put metal back on, but hopefully, we'll get a decent trigger on that rascal. It's hard to believe, but just with my expermintal loads hunting the right powders, and right dose of powder, most all the bullets are going into one hole, bench rest and scoped from about 50 yards.

That thing would scare me if I ever get a really good trigger on it.

Thanks, and if you know where I can get some parts for my guns kit, please let me know. I know H&R won't sell some stuff, too.

Best,

casper_zip

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 07:23:49 AM »
FYI this is a 5 year old post!!

Brownells, Gun Parts Corp, Midway and factory are usual sources.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 07:35:24 AM »

As are many, many other topics from the FAQs, Spare Parts Kit is just one of em!  ;)

Tim

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 10:26:41 AM »

As are many, many other topics from the FAQs, Spare Parts Kit is just one of em!  ;)

Tim

My point exactly!!  These sources are listed through out the FAQ's...

You and I and a hand full of others might find this, but a NEW post will get better review and comments...  ;)

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 10:30:52 AM »
On the contrary, replies to the original thread(which this thread is) listed in the FAQs keeps it updated, a new topic will be lost in the archives unless someone digs it up in a search, it's listed with the same subject, Spare Parts Kit in the  More Handi Info section.

Tim

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 10:42:35 AM »
The search and how you have it set up allows things to be easilly found... Based on that, bumping it back to the top is moot.

OK, just remember, this one took 5 years for the bump  ::) ... Just sayin'  ;)

CW

NRA LIFE Member