Author Topic: Recoil Pad  (Read 1613 times)

Offline rshunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Recoil Pad
« on: December 08, 2006, 07:15:31 AM »
I just bought a handi-rifle youth stock and wanted to do the limbsaver recoil pad. On the SVL sight, the only precision fit is for the SB2-988 Slug hunter. Does anybody know if this will fit the handi youth wood stock or would be close enough? I assumed it would not or they would have listed the other models also. When I called H&R the well informed(haha) CS rep said " basically all our stocks are the same at the recoil pad". I just wondered if anyone had made this work, before I tried the Grind- to- fit or Slip-on pads.

Thanks for any info you may have.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Recoil Pad
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 07:36:17 AM »
H&R wood stocks aren't all the same, they vary quite a bit in contour and size, particularly the laminated stocks! I have several grind-to-fit Limbsavers, and they don't fit other stocks very well if I try swapping them, they're close, but not perfect.

The 10601 and 10003(M988) are the closest fitting of the Limbsavers, you have to drill new holes in the stock to use them, they don't fit perfect, but they'll work. Print the SVL templates out so they measure the stated size and compare them to your stock to pick the best one. You'll have to adjust printer settings to get them actual size which can be a pain if you're not familiar with your printer and Adobe Reader software.

The small grind-to-fit and slip-on are the sizes to use if you go that route. I have fitted a medium grind-to-fit to a BC stock, but only because I had it, it was a lot of grinding!

Tim

http://www.limbsaver.com/technical/templates.php
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline rshunter

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 07:45:54 AM »
Great, Thanks for responding.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 09:24:00 AM »
Oops, I forgot something!! :-[  You're very welcome and glad to have you here at Graybeard Outdoors!! ;D

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain